Common Sense: "Your best defense..."
- Read everything before signing.
- Don't sign anything unless you understand it, and agree to what is written on it.
- NEVER sign a blank piece of paper.
- Always make sure you get a copy.
- Be EXTREMELY careful if you are asked to co-sign, as you may be responsible for the entire debt.
- Always get a rent receipt (Proof that they received it).
- Always ask questions, there is never a dumb question.
Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation
Information is available for anyone who wants information on discrimination when
looking for rental accommodation.
If you believe that your rental unit has a health hazard and your landlord refuses to deal with the problem call the health unit in your area.
- Belleville 613 966-5500
- Quinte West 613 394-4831
- Madoc 613 473-4247
- Bancroft 613 332-4555