What is the HHRC?
Hastings Housing Resource Centre
The Hastings Housing Resource Centre is under the umbrella of Youth Habilitation.
The HHRC provides assistance locating, securing and maintaining immediate, temporary, and permanent housing, identifies local housing needs, and provides assistance to people who are seeking information about available rental accomodation, housing programs, and literature regarding the Residential Tenancy Act.
The program's main office is located in Belleville with satellite offices in Quinte West, Bancroft, and Madoc.
The following services are provided:
- A Housing registry of current rental listings for Hastings County.
- Housing assessment and counselling.
- Referrals to other community agencies/programs.
- Housing search and housing retention skills.
- Follow-up services.
- Assistance when applying for non-profit housing in Hastings County.
- Assistance to the community in developing responses to homelessness and information to the community regarding government programs and other housing initiatives.
- Actively promotes the liaison and coordination of resources between local housing groups and activities which raise community awareness of the critical need for housing.
- Literature regarding the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Find a Place Now!
The HHRC services can be accessed at our office, 210A Front Street, Belleville, by phone 613-969-1748 or on our website www.hastingshousing.com.